Friday, October 21, 2011

Sounds of Freedom


I'm no longer astounded when I feel and receive compassion from those whose life is even harder than mine is.  Those who support the Occupy Movement are the true hero's in this completely hypocritical land of ours.  It's truly amazing how such a diverse group of people can come together and give of themselves unconditionally while those whose freedom we fight for remain indifferent, cold and criticizing from the comfort of their warm beds.  So many people are so wrapped up only in themselves, that still you can walk around all day finding people who have never even heard about the Occupy Wall Street movement.  I might blame it on the media for their lack of coverage but there has been enough coverage for every person in this country to have at least "heard" of the movement so I can only assume that these people are just so self-centered as not to give a damn about anybody else.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that "those who have the least will always give the most."  In as much as indoctrination and brainwashing is a powerful tool used against the people, pain and suffering is a powerful awakener.   When I asked for donations yesterday, I didn't expect any help but I was wrong.  I immediately received one donation.  I don't know the person who sent it, but if you are reading this please except my thanks and gratitude.  You have restored my faith that there is at least one person who hears my voice and doesn't turn away in contempt.

We have much to do and it is extremely hard to organize or mobilize facing as many obstacles as we do.  Can we do it?  I don't have the answer, sometimes I don't even know if I can make it through another day or even hour with my own personal challenges and I would challenge any of the 1% to live a day in my shoes or even 10 minutes to raise their awareness.

I did not go to college nor did I ever receive any formal or even informal education.  My words come only from my experience of the world as I know it.  Please acknowledge them by taking a moment or two to comment on this blog.  We must all come together against the forces that would divide us and it is only with heart and courage that we will move beyond all the prejudices and lies that still divide us.

Through this movement, I have met and befriended the most unlikely people and what is apparent is that those who have suffered the most are the ones who will help you in your moment of need so now is the time to make the most of yourself.  Take your heartaches and follow them backward to their true source and you will find that whatever has oppressed you the most was not your own lack of willpower or fortitude.  Each day I have to forgive myself for not seeing the picture before it crumbled because the soul of a person is like that when they have been lied to day in and day out since they were born.

One step forward, two steps back, it doesn't seem that you can get anywhere like that but it forgets that momentum is often erratic and there are moments to be had that transcend the laws that govern us.  So step forward and make your voices heard for here within Occupy is a place for everyone.

You do not have to be alone anymore to wonder what went wrong.  You don't have to wonder why you are so tired, why you need to see a doctor, why your children are out of control, why it's never enough, why things don't turn out any where near the way you planned, why anything is the way it is.

The only answer is this.  You are the 99%!

No comments:

Post a Comment