Monday, October 17, 2011

The Broken Switch

"Shut your mind off and try to rest now" I say to my son after almost two hours of lying in bed.  "My mind is always on, even when I'm sleeping" he replies "it never shuts off."  "Oh" I say and after a minute he asks "You want to know why it never shuts off?"  "Why?" I whisper.  "Because the switch is broken" he says "but people are working on it now, well at least some people are, the occupiers are."  "Oh" I say.  "Want to know what the switch is?" he asks.  "Yes, what's the switch?" I answer.  "Happiness" he says and then adds "Want to know how big the switch is?" "How big?" I say and he says "The whole thing, the whole switch is broke, not just one part but all of it."

"Can I fix it?" I ask.  "No, you can't fix it" he says "but maybe we can, you know all of us if we stick together and make the world fair."

This is from a bedside conversation tonight with my 10 year old homeless son.  After that he described to me in detail how he wants to direct and produce a movie where all the children of the world toilet paper all the government buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment