Thursday, October 20, 2011

Can anyone donate?

Sorry I really hate to ask for donations, the truth is I don't even believe that anyone really cares enough to part with their hard earned money anymore anyway so I don't really blame you if you can't or won't give a few bucks.  So I'm probably just wasting my time with this request but we are now homeless and there are three children involved and I need money for gas.  The truth is I broke down and got a job, even though, I do believe we should all shove it, until that time comes I have to survive and if I can ease the suffering of my children in any way I will. 

The job won't start for a few days, just waiting for HR to phone my friends phone to tell me when to make it to the orientation.  After that I have to go through an extensive background check for my gaming lisence and a drug test.  I'm not worried about any of that, contrary to popular belief, being homeless doesn't mean you are a drug addict or mentally deficient, or wanted by the man.  It is however time consuming and we need to survive until then.  Once I start work there is the waiting for the actual paycheck as well.  I will be making $5 an hour, plus tips.  I hear tips average 10 to 12 bucks and hour and I've been hired part-time at 32 hours a week.  Well, I have to do what I have to do.  Children need a home and I have car insurance to pay. 

I am not applying for any government food stamps or anything like that because that doesn't help.  What we need in this country is sustainable living wages, affordable nurturing childcare options, and community because it really does take a village.  Well, we are at the community center for a few hours so the kids can play basketball and use a computer.  

I would appreciate any help if it really is out there.

Annigirl -  Occupier

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to the person who heard my cry! Your donation is and was appreciated.

    ReplyDelete